Feeling anxious and overwhelmed about climate change and our ability to solve the problem? Our guest this month, environmental psychologist Dr. Renee Lertzman, says we have a window of tolerance that, once we exceed it, causes us to shut down. Turning to the tools of psychology, we can acknowledge the feelings of anxiety that can immobilize us and create conditions that allow us to show up as our brilliant selves. Dr. Lertzman's unique and integrated approach brings together the best of the behavioral sciences, social sciences and innovative design sciences to create a powerful approach to engagement and social change.
- Join CCL: https://cclusa.org/join
- Jacksonville story link https://www.google.com/url?q=https://news.wjct.org/post/advocates-virtually-meet-jacksonville-rep-john-rutherford-talk-climate-change
- Dr. Lertzman in Dame Magazine: https://www.damemagazine.com/2020/06/23/how-a-traumatized-nation-can-cope/
- Project Inside Out: https://projectinsideout.net/
- Dr. Lertzman’s TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/renee_lertzman_how_to_turn_climate_anxiety_into_action